Vassilios Ikonomidis is the founder and Managing Partner of VDI Law Firm. He is a graduate of the Athens Law School, the University of Munich, in Germany, and the Northumbria University of the United Kingdom. He has solid experience in corporate and commercial law and has acted at an advisory and judicial level for many international and national clients carrying out business in the sectors of IT, technology, pharmaceutical products and healthcare, real estate, tourism and yachting.
He has been ranked by “Chambers Europe” as a Recognized Practitioner in Dispute Resolution.
Admitted to the Athens Bar in 2001
Languages: Greek, English, German
- Northumbria University, United Kingdom (LL.M. distance learning, International Commercial Law, 2013)
- Ludwig-Maximilians Universitat-Muenchen (LL.M. Specialization in Commercial – Civil Law, 2001)
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Law School (LL.B., 1998)
Areas of Expertise
Vassilios’ practice focuses mainly on the areas of corporate law, international commercial law and M&A, as well as on strategic planning, legal project management and corporate cases coordination.
- Software Development and Technology Services Agreements
- Corporate transformations; Transfer of businesses and business sectors
- Real estate and investments
- Tax planning
- Distribution and Agency Agreements
- Operating and Financial Leasing Agreements
- National and International Factoring Agreements
- Dispute resolution relating to trademark infringement and unfair competition
- Bank Contracts (credit agreements, current account agreements, negotiations on bank loans and debt restructuring, bank guarantees, loans securities)
- Stem cell storage agreements